Remember: there are many ways to devil an egg! But this is how I do it- and they are pretty darn good if I do say so myself!
1. Boil the eggs. (10 minutes) If cooked too long, they'll get that green ring around the yolk- and we should try to avoid that!
2. While the eggs are cooking, prepare an ice bath. (A big bowl filled with ice water)
3. Plunge the cooked eggs into the ice bath. This stops the cooking, and makes the eggs a cinch to peel. Also, it cools down the temperature so you can handle the eggs without burning yourself!
4. Sit yourself in a nice chair, and peel the eggs in one fell swoop.
5. Cut the eggs in half, and pop the yolks out into a mixing bowl. (you can put the egg whites on a platter)
6. I use Hellman's (Best Foods) Mayonnaise, although my daughter prefers using Veganaise, and she isn't even a Vegan! Mix the Mayonnaise (your choice) in with the yolks until the texture becomes nice and creamy. Mush them right up.
7. Add some salt and pepper
8. Spoon the creamy yellow mixture into the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.
And Voila! Hors d'oeuvres are served!
Comments? Thoughts about this article? Let's talk about it on Twitter!